Supporting Fathers with Dads Inc.
It is critical to provide support and education for fathers in order to help them develop healthy relationships and positive engagement in the lives of their children. That’s why Dads Inc. is so important.
Dads Inc. offers programs and events that are activity-based and constantly changing, each with an education component that provides creative, fun, and unique opportunities for dads and kids to spend quality time together. By creating opportunities for our dads to create memories that last a lifetime, we hope to help strengthen the father-child bond and encourage positive relationships.
Most of our programming is fee-based, but thanks to the generous support of foundations and donors, we are able to offer scholarships to those dads who need financial assistance. We don’t want personal financial hardships to be a barrier for dads who want to spend quality time with their kids—we don’t want anything to get in the way of being a great dad.
The Core Values of Dads Inc.
Dads Inc. operates according to a few core values which help to guide our work:
- A dad is critical to his child’s positive emotional, mental, spiritual, and physical development.
- Mom and Dad are equally important in the lives of their children, and both should be equally responsible for their well-being.
- All children, regardless of tax bracket or zipcode, are at-risk for negative life situations without an engaged father.
- Traditionally, society has not given dads the skillsets, training, or expectations needed to be actively engaged with their children.
- Men learn how to be a dad from watching their dad. Positive fathering is generational.
- Dad needs to be engaged with his children without regard to marital status.
- Getting Dad actively engaged early in his child’s life will prevent him from ever becoming disengaged.