In-kind donations from our community help us meet the needs of children and families throughout Indiana. Donations most often needed include:
- Diapers, formula (Gerber Good Start), and other baby essentials
- Duffel bags and backpacks
- Personal hygiene products: toothpaste, body wash, shampoo/conditioner, deodorant, razors, feminine products, and other essentials
- Clothing for older children and teens including sweat pants/joggers, jeans, khakis, coats/jackets, and tennis shoes
- Gift cards to major retailers, restaurants, and gas stations
Thank you for being thoughtful about the items you donate. Please call your local office before donating to make sure the items are currently needed and can be accepted.
Please note: For the health and safety of the children and families we serve certain USED items cannot be accepted: cribs, mattresses, pillows, car seats, stained or torn clothing, damaged toys, opened toiletries, or items from a smoking home.
The Village Shoppe
The Village Shoppe is a dedicated, organized space where case managers and staff can access donations for emergency needs and children, youth, and foster parents can “shop” for what they like and need most. Centrally located in the Indianapolis office, The Village Shoppe is available to all staff and clients from across the state. This resource space creates opportunity for foster parents to say “yes” to caring for more children in their home; provides support to a Grandmother who is raising her three grandchildren; and presents a moment of dignity and joy to older youth who can “shop” for items that reflect who they are.
Donations of the following NEW items are accepted:
- Diapers, wipes, & baby essentials
- Socks and underwear
- Clothing (accept some gently used)
- Shoes (accept some gently used)
- Coats (accept some gently used)
- Handbags, jewelry, and other accessories (accept some gently used)
- Toys, games, puzzles, arts & crafts
- Books for all ages
- School supplies
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Blankets and throws
Amazon Wish Lists
Amazon Wish Lists allows The Villages to identify specific items needed by our many programs, including Foster Care, Kinship Care, Healthy Families, Older Youth Services and more. Depending on the need and season, we will feature different lists including Back to School, Holiday, and Graduation. If your organization would like to host an Amazon Wish List Donation Drive, please contact our Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Villages has several offices throughout the state of Indiana. Although Amazon Wish List donations are sent to the Indianapolis office, the items are equally distributed to all our locations. If you would like a donation to go to a particular office, please indicate in the gift message.
The following lists are of highest priority at this time.
*Click Here to read Amazon Donation Policy & Donor Acknowledgment details.
We are thankful for the generous spirit of the organizations that wish to host donation drives for The Villages’ children and families. Donation drives that are most beneficial include:
- Diaper Drive: Diapers of all sizes are The Villages largest and ongoing need.
- Baby Shower: Our Healthy Families program is in constant need of all baby essentials, including diapers, wipes, formula, clothing, sensory toys, and receiving blankets.
- Gift Card Drive: Gift cards to major retailers, restaurants, and gas stations are needed by all of The Villages programs.
- Hygiene Product Drive: Toothpaste and toothbrush, hairbrush and comb, shampoo and conditioner, body wash, deodorant, raisers, shaving cream, and moisturizer are needed items for children and older youth.
- Household Items: Older youth who have aged out of foster care need items for independent living – cleaning and paper supplies, bedding, kitchen utensils and small appliances, furniture, and other household items.
For further information about hosting a donation drive please contact your local office.
Why not shop the same great items and prices while also donating to The Villages every time you make a purchase from Amazon? The Villages receives 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases every time you shop through AmazonSmile. Click on this link to choose The Villages of Indiana as your preferred charity.