THE VILLAGES ANNUAL DIAPER DAY
TUESDAY, AUGUST 24, 2021
“Do I buy diapers or food for the week?” Too many Indiana parents find themselves in a situation where they must make this unthinkable decision.
- One in three families report not having sufficient funds to have a supply of diapers to keep their child clean, dry and healthy. (Indiana Diaper Bank)
- Children require at least 200 diaper changes per month. (Indiana Diaper Bank)
- Hoosier families average $90 per month on diapers. (Indiana Diaper Bank)
- Programs that support families in need, such as Indiana WIC and SNAP, do not allow for diaper purchases.
- In 2020 51% of the children admitted into The Villages foster care were under the age of 5
Help us reach our goal of 30,000 diapers by August 24th. Purchase diapers through Amazon or other online retailers and ship directly to 3833 N Meridian St, Indianapolis, IN 46208. Diapers will be distributed throughout the state to The Villages’ foster and kinship families, Healthy Families participants, and older youth with children.
(To receive an acknowledgement for tax purposes, send your online purchase email confirmation to KCottingham@villages.org.)
Want to get your local community involved? Host a diaper drive at your place of employment, school, church, or other organization. Deliver diapers on or before August 24th to your closest Villages office. View our Contact Us page for office locations throughout the state.
Download our 2021 Diaper Day Flyer