In-kind donations from our community help us meet the needs of children and families throughout Indiana. Some of the donations we need most often include:
- Diapers (Huggies, Pampers, Luvs), baby wipes, formula (Gerber Good Start), and other baby essentials
- Art supplies, sports equipment, quality toys, board games
- Personal hygiene products: toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, deodorant, razors, and other products
- New children and teen clothing, coats/jackets, tennis shoes, school shoes
- Gift cards to major retailers, gas stations, and restaurants
Thank you for being thoughtful about the items you donate. Please call your local office before donating to make sure the items are currently needed and can be accepted.
Please note: For the health and safety of the children and families we serve certain USED items cannot be accepted: cribs, mattresses, pillows, car seats, stained or torn clothing, damaged toys, adult shoes or clothing, opened toiletries, or items from a smoking home.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to accept used items.
Amazon Wish Lists
Amazon Wish Lists allows The Villages to identify specific items needed by our many programs, including Foster Care, Kinship Care, Healthy Families, Older Youth Services and more. Depending on the need and season, we will feature different lists including Back to School, Holiday, and Graduation. If your organization would like to host an Amazon Wish List Donation Drive, please contact our Community Engagement Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The Villages has several offices throughout the state of Indiana. Although Amazon Wish List donations are sent to the Indianapolis office, the items are equally distributed to all our locations. If you would like a donation to go to a particular office, please indicate in the gift message.
The following lists are of highest priority at this time.
*Click Here to read Amazon Donation Policy & Donor Acknowledgment details.
We are thankful for the generous spirit of the organizations that wish to host donation drives for The Villages’ children and families. Donation drives that are most beneficial include:
- Diaper Drive: Diapers of all sizes are The Villages largest and ongoing need.
- Baby Shower: Our Healthy Families program is in constant need of all baby essentials, including diapers, wipes, formula, clothing, sensory toys, and receiving blankets.
- Gift Card Drive: Gift cards to major retailers, restaurants, and gas stations are needed by all of The Villages programs.
- Hygiene Kits: Toothpaste and toothbrush, hairbrush and comb, shampoo and conditioner, soap or body wash, deodorant, are all great items that we can provide to children who may have been removed from their homes. Travel size items are also acceptable.
- Household Items: Older youth who have aged out of foster care need items for independent living – bedding, kitchen utensils and small appliances, furniture, and other household items.
For further information about hosting a donation drive please contact your local office.
Why not shop the same great items and prices while also donating to The Villages every time you make a purchase from Amazon? The Villages receives 0.5% of the price of your eligible purchases every time you shop through AmazonSmile. Click on this link to choose The Villages of Indiana as your preferred charity.