In-kind donations from our community help us meet the needs of children and families throughout the state of Indiana. We welcome donations of new or “like new” items for vulnerable children and their families. Some of the donations we need most often include:
- Diapers, baby wipes, and other baby needs
- Baby formula and feeding supplies
- Travel-sized toothpaste, body wash, shampoo, and other personal hygiene products
- New shoes of all children’s sizes
- New children’s clothing: coats/jackets, socks, underwear
- Gift cards for restaurants, major retailers, gas, and hair cuts for older youth
- Art supplies, sports equipment, sensory and educational toys
Thank you for being thoughtful about the items you donate. Please call your local office before donating to make sure the items are currently needed and can be accepted.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, we are currently unable to accept used clothing, toys, or household items. In addition, for the health and safety of the children and families we serve certain items cannot be accepted: mattresses, pillows, car seats, stained or torn clothing, damaged toys, used shoes or clothing for adults, opened or used toiletries, or any items from a smoking home.
Amazon Wish Lists
Amazon Wish Lists allows The Villages to identify specific items needed by our many programs, including Foster Care, Kinship Care, Healthy Families, Older Youth Services and more. Depending on the need and season, we will feature different lists including Back to School, Holiday, and Graduation. If you are a part of an organization, corporation, or group and would like to host an Amazon Wish List Donation Drive, please contact our Community Engagement Manager at email@example.com.
Please note: The Villages has several offices throughout the state of Indiana. Although Amazon Wish List donations are sent to the Indianapolis office, the items are equally distributed to all our locations. If you would like a donation to go to a particular office, please indicate in the gift message.
The following lists are of highest priority at this time.
*Click Here to read Amazon Donation Policy & Donor Acknowledgment details.
We are thankful for the generous spirit of so many groups and companies that wish to host donation drives for The Villages’ children and families. Donation drives that are most beneficial include:
- Hosting a “Baby Shower”: Our Healthy Families are in need of all baby and infant items, including but not limited to clothing, toys, diapers, food, formula, receiving blankets, lotions, and wipes.
- Diapers: Encourage your group to donate any and all sizes of diapers and diapering items. This is one of The Villages largest, ongoing needs!
- Gift Cards: Gift cards to grocery stores, major retailers, and gas stations are needed by all of The Villages programs.
- Hygiene Kits: Toothpaste and toothbrush, hairbrush and comb, shampoo and conditioner, soap or body wash are all great items that we can provide to children who may have been removed from their homes. Travel size items are also acceptable.
- Household Items: Older youth who have aged out of foster care need items for independent living. These include new or “like-new” bedding and sheets, kitchen utensils and small appliances, and other household items.
For further information about hosting a donation drive please contact your local office.
Do you shop on Amazon? Why not shop the same great items, prices, and services while also donating to The Villages every time you make a purchase? Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to The Villages every time you shop, but you must be logged in through AmazonSmile or click on this link to choose The Villages of Indiana as your preferred charity.