In-kind donations from our community help us meet the needs of children and families throughout the state of Indiana. We welcome donations of new or “like new” items for vulnerable children and their families. Please call your local office before donating to make sure the items are needed and can be accepted.
For the health and safety of our children some of the items we can’t accept include: mattresses, pillows, car seats, broken or stained clothing and/or toys, adult used shoes or clothing, open or used toiletries, or items from a smoking home.
At each of our sites, the needs are unique. That’s why they each maintain a wish list of items that can help their particular children and families. Here are a few of the Amazon wish lists at our current sites:
Older Youth Services
*Click Here to read Amazon Donation Policy & Donor Acknowledgment details.
Do you shop on Amazon? Why not shop the same great items, prices, and services while also donating to The Villages every time you make a purchase? Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to The Villages every time you shop, but you must be logged in through AmazonSmile.
We are thankful for the generous spirit of so many groups and companies that wish to host donation drives for The Villages’ children and families. Some types of donation drives that are most beneficial for us include:
- Hosting a “Baby Shower”: Our Healthy Families are in need of all baby and infant items, including but not limited to clothing, toys, diapers, food, formula, receiving blankets, lotions, and wipes.
- Diapers: Encourage your group to donate any and all sizes of diapers and diapering items. This is one of The Villages largest, ongoing needs!
- Gift Cards: Gift cards for gas stations, grocery stores, and department stores are needed by all of The Villages programs.
- Hygiene Kits: Toothpaste and toothbrush, hairbrush and comb, shampoo and conditioner, soap or body wash are all great items that we can provide to children who may have been removed from their homes. Travel size items are also acceptable.
- Household Items: Older youth who have aged out of foster care need items for independent living. These include bedding and sheets, kitchen utensils and small appliances, and other household items.
For further information about hosting a donation drive please contact your local office.