Our Young Professionals Advisory Board
In 2009, The Villages founded the Young Professionals Advisory Board to help introduce a new generation to our work, mission, and opportunities for non-profit board service. We seek to gather a diverse group of community leaders, ages 40 years and younger, from various professional backgrounds to assist with friend-raising, awareness, and support of championing every child’s right to a safe, permanent, and nurturing home.
- Make every effort to attend and contribute to all Advisory Board meeting, reviewing agenda, and supporting materials in advance when applicable.
- Make an individual contribution at the level that is comfortable to you to The Villages annual fund.
- Attend and support agency functions and special events.
- Serve on at least one committee and or task force and be open to applying your talent and expertise to special assignment.
- Advocate for corporate support from your employer or company if applicable.
- Be informed about The Villages mission, services, policies, and programs and inform others about the organization and invite them to special events. Connect with donors, friends, funders, and other community stakeholders to build a network of support for the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in human services and related industries.
- Suggest possible nominees to the Advisory Board who can make significant contributions to the work of the Advisory Board and The Villages.
- Challenge The Villages staff to make this experience meaningful for you.
- Understand and apply principles related to effective young professional boards.
- Annually agree to serve on the board for one year to maximize the experience for you and The Villages.
For more information, contact Sarah Cline at email@example.com.
2020-2021 Board Members
Grace Godfrey, Riley Hospital for Children
Recruitment & Retention Chair
Samantha Burke, Pass the Torch for Women Foundation
Brittany Todd, Resource Commercial Real Estate
Sarah Beth Warycha, Federal Home Loan Bank of Indianapolis
Liz Abren, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
Ashley Braun, Interra Credit Union
Kyle Chaffee, Energy Harness
Scott Collins, Woodard, Emhardt, Henry, Reeves & Wagner LLP
Sally Dunn, Riley Hospital for Children
Tiaundra Foster, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Tristan Fretwell, Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP
Hannah Gooding, Hedges
Kelly Gridley, Indiana Members Credit Union
Jessica Hadler, JP Morgan Chase
Michael Lawrence, American College of Education
Christina Nash, Anova
David Orlich, Riley Hospital LEND Program
Jenna Phillips, Jobvite
Kate Roberts, The Duncan Group
John Schmidt, Stifel Financial Group
Kristin Seward, PNC Bank, National Association
Kate Sudduth, Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic
Rob Triplett, Old National Bank
Jackie Verbeten, Somerset CPAs