The Villages Advisory Council
In 2009, The Villages founded the Advisory Council (formally the Young Professionals Advisory Board) to help introduce a new generation to our work, mission, and opportunities for non-profit board service. We seek to gather a diverse group of community leaders, ages 40 years and younger, from various professional backgrounds to assist with friend-raising, awareness, and support of championing every child’s right to a safe, permanent, and nurturing home.
Council Mission Statement: A group of aspiring professionals with a passion for the organization and identify themselves as the next generation of leaders.
- Make every effort to attend and contribute to all Advisory Council meetings, reviewing agenda, and supporting materials in advance when applicable.
- Make an individual contribution at the level that is comfortable to you to The Villages annual fund.
- Attend and support agency functions and special events.
- Serve on at least one committee and or task force and be open to applying your talent and expertise to special assignment.
- Advocate for corporate support from your employer or company if applicable.
- Be informed about The Villages mission, services, policies, and programs and inform others about the organization and invite them to special events. Connect with donors, friends, funders, and other community stakeholders to build a network of support for the organization.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in human services and related industries.
- Suggest possible nominees to the Advisory Council who can make significant contributions to the work of the Advisory Council and The Villages.
- Challenge The Villages staff to make this experience meaningful for you.
- Understand and apply principles related to effective young professional councils.
- Annually agree to serve on the council for one year to maximize the experience for you and The Villages.
For more information, contact Sarah Cline at email@example.com.
2022-2023 Council Members
Grace Ofer, Riley Hospital for Children
Council C0- Chair
John Schmidt, Stifel Financial Group
Recruitment & Retention Chair
Samantha Burke, Pass the Torch for Women Foundation
Brittany Todd, Zeller Commercial Real Estate
Brittany Burtraw, CareSource
Scott Collins, Woodard, Emhardt, Henry, Reeves & Wagner LLP
Tiaundra Gordon-Foster, Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C.
Chase Miller, BSA LifeStructures
Megan Miller, Registered Dietitian
David Orlich, Riley Hospital LEND Program
Jenna Phillips, Authenticx
Kristin Seward, PNC Institutional Asset Management
Kate Sudduth, Tipping Point Consulting, LLC
Jackie Verbeten, Somerset CPAs
Christina Wood, Fanning Howey